Attorney Assistance Program
Want to Help?
FRRC has partnered with the League of Women Voters to develop a pro bono Attorney Assistance Program that will help returning citizens determine eligibility and pursue modification options when needed.
FRRC is leaving no stone unturned to ensure that every one of the 1.4 million people who were re-enfranchised with the passing of Amendment Four have a pathway to vote. Pro bono attorneys can assist returning citizens in researching their sentences and modifying the sentences if necessary.
If interested in joining us to help people break down the barriers to voting presented by outstanding financial obligations, please click on the link below to register for the Florida Bar-approved webinar, eligible for up to 2 hours of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit.
After you complete the training webinar, we will be in touch about the best ways you can help returning citizens in your area.
- All attorneys will be required to complete the CLE training provided by the League of Women Voters.
- All attorneys must agree that their representation will be on a pro bono basis.
- Out of state attorneys are welcome to assist with the review and analysis of documents.
- All paralegals will be required to complete the CLE training provided by the League.
- All work must be reviewed by a licensed attorney.
- Applicants will be referred to attorneys in their jurisdiction on a first come/first serve basis.
- Each professional can decide how many applications they would like to receive and at what frequency.